Thursday, May 3, 2007

True Blue, Baby I Love You...

Over the past years the information and research supporting the need for a diet rich in antioxidants has become more and more substantial, and according to a recent study at Tuft's University, blueberries are #1 when it comes to neutralizing free radicals in living cells.

Blueberries have been proven to help with everything from the fight against aging to lowering cholesterol... there is even some evidence that blueberries can help improve memory...

So, the only problem is, what if you don't really like blueberries?

Or, if your children, despite the lovely visual a handful of blueberries sprinkled on their morning cereal make, pick them out and leave them deposited, soggy and unloved, on their napkin?

I can't even hide them in smoothies.

Enter True Blue.

True Blue is a blueberry juice made without high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors - and even better, each serving is equal to a 1/2 cup serving of fresh blueberries.

And my children like it.

In fact, they love it!

And so do the homeless people my father serves breakfast to every morning, my nanny's children and my son's 4th grade teacher.

Yes. The nice people at True Blue sent me many bottles.

So, basically, here is how it boils down: as a parent it is our job to nourish our children with that which makes and keeps them healthy. It is also our job to keep ourselves healthy and if we can help that process along with an easy glass of juice, then I say, pour on.

*this is how I drink it....

Blueberry Cooler

True Blue Juice
Sparkling Water

Mix in a 2 - 1 ration

Pour over crushed ice

Squeeze wedge of lemon

Enjoy!