Friday, May 4, 2007

Vue, This!


In a word - L.O.V.E.

As the driver of a big car. A really big car and someone who is waiting the arrival of my even bigger car, I was skeptical about liking this little Saturn Vue, but, because I feel guilty over my big car, and the soon to be here even bigger one, I was compelled to give this hybrid a week's worth of whirl.

It was a blast.

The Vue is a 5 seat, zippy little SUV, with a nice big boot - it is comfortable and, although I was informed that I was driving a rather "basic" model, I still thought it was nice with all the things you want in your car...

My only issue (if you will) is that a 5 passenger is really too small for myself (and many people I know) for use on a daily basis. With 3 kids, 4 dogs and a carpool of 2+kids, I really am committed to a larger vehicle.

However-

The average fuel savings is about 20% and a new and shiny one can be yours this summer for around 23k. It's hard to argue with those numbers and I confess to a conversation which involved the purchase of said Vue to use for running around town.

I do A LOT of local driving and on Tuesday and Thursday you will pass me eleventy times going in circles as 2 of my children have overlapping activities on both the start and finish time; a hybrid is perfect for this situation as I really did notice the fuel economy.

And we all loved how absolutely silence at stop signs - the first time we took it out for a spin we thought the engine had died!

Yes, I loved this little Saturn Vue Hybrid... if they could just make one with a 3rd row...