Monday, July 16, 2007

Dark Dreamweaver


With the impending arrival of the final Harry Potter book there is a "void-in-the-air" feeling around our house... for me it is the feeling of maybe never being able to get my children to read another book, so when the Parent Blogger Network offered me a chance to review the first in a new series of fantasy-esque stories, I was more than happy to oblige.

The Dark Dreamweaver,
by Nick Ruth, is the tale of David who "takes matters into his own hands" when he sets out to find the source of an "epidemic of nightmares" which are plaguing the dreamers of Earth.

It's a wonderful journey, full of fantasy and excitement. Fast paced and creative, both my boys are looking forward to reading the next installment.

On an interesting side note, Ruth didn't intend to be an author, rather, The Dark Dreamweaver began as a personal story for his son, a way for him them to connect over their love of reading.